WILL Smith has been gifted a Spanish guitar handbuilt on the Costa Blanca while the actor appeared on Spanish television.
The Hollywood star was offered the gift by TV presenter Pablo Motos last month during an episode of El Hormiguero, which sees Motos interview celebrities in front of a live audience.
The instrument itself was handmade by the late owner of Guitarras Bros, based in Gata de Gorgos in the Marina Alta.
“The guitar was one of the last that our father crafted,” said Adam Broseta, one of three brothers who inherited the family business from their late father Fransisco.
“He customised it for Will Smith, who was his favourite actor.
“Our father died in January 2017, and that Christmas he had just finished the guitar.”
Guitarras Bros was set up by Adam’s grandparents in 1974, under the ethos that each instrument should be unique to its owner.
“The wood that he used can no longer be bought,” said Adam, referring to the Mexican ziricote wood and Honduran cedar wood, which were aged for 100 years before manufacture.
Pablo Motos has given guitars from Guitarras Bros to Richard Gere, Tom Hanks, Russell Crowe, Jeremy Irons, Ed Sheeran and Carla Bruni.
Amy Winehouse reportedly composed the songs of her five-Grammy winning album Back to Black with a guitar bought one summer in Gata de Gorgos.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43