IT’S good to see the Junta finally handing out some cash to projects which benefit residents rather than lining their own pockets – as they did for decades before being rumbled!
There are many worthy projects which have made the list, specifically a motorway to Ronda, vital research projects and some extra funding for key cultural sites.
Another encouraging investment is the €142 million for the ITI programme (Inversión Territorial Integrada) to modernise the most undeveloped areas in Cadiz.
This could go some way to undermining the grip of the local drug cartels, who benefit from grinding youth poverty and a lack of opportunity.
Best of all though is the vital €80 million being sunk into sewage projects around are to get a huge amount of money in Huelva, with €35m set aside, while Jaen and Cordoba provinces get €22m each.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19