IN a bid to encourage talented young people to get into the sport the Sierra Nevada is set to revamp its ski resort ready for the 2010/2011 winter season.
The head of Tourism, Trade and Sport, Luciano Alonso announced there will be a new Sulayr superparque dedicated to fans of snowboarding and freestyle.
The new super park will offer three different areas with natural and artificial snow including a space with music and Wi-Fi.
In addition Granada-born World Cup skier María Jose Rienda is to offer a ‘clinic’ for top class youngsters aged between 13 and 16.
This year’s ski season officially opens on November 27.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00