- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spanish flamenco star fronts food campaign
• Spanish flamenco star Estrella Morente
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
FLAMENCO star Estrella Morente is the face behind a campaign which hopes to collect 150 tons of food in Malaga alone this weekend.
The singer will be joining thousands of volunteers coordinating food donations for the needy.
Morente will personally attend the collections in El Corte Ingles and Coviran stores in Granada, her home town, to show her support for the campaign.
“For me it is a dream to be part of something as important as helping others,” she said.
“We are living through humbling times, where people need to stick together, because unity is strength.”
The Malaga and Granada handouts are part of the Gran Recogida, a nationwide campaign to collect food on Friday (November 30) and Saturday (December 1).
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]