- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
‘Prank’ kidnap drama in Spain
January 26, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
February 9, 2013
National News • 1 Comments
• Spanish police set up roadblocks to try find the boy
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A SPANISH schoolboy has landed himself in hot water after faking his own kidnapping to avoid parent’s evening at his school.
The unnamed 11-year-old sparked a huge search operation after ringing his father to say he had been abducted.
Police set up roadblocks across north-west Spain and alerted authorities in neighbouring Portugal after the youngster claimed to be locked in the boot of a blue Seat.
The local media even ran stories on their websites about the dramatic kidnapping.
However, the search ended after the boy’s father, a police office in Xinzo de Limia, noticed keys to a flat the family owned were missing.
He explained he had been terrified of his parents speaking to his teachers after a string of bad grades.
“The civil guard attributed the false alarm to a childish ‘prank’ that had something to do with the boy’s situation at school,” local media reported.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]