- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Charity telethon for cancer hospice
• Cudeca volunteers at last year's telethon in the Talk Radio Europe studios
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Kathryn Richardson
FANCY a game of golf with Aston Villa’s Steve Staunton, tickets to the X Factor’s live tour 2014, or being pampered in a luxury spa?
You’re in the right place! These are just some of the amazing prizes on offer at this year’s Cudeca Telethon.
Sponsored once again by the Olive Press, and hosted by Talk Radio Europe, the hospice’s small team of volunteers have been working around the clock to organise the charity radio auction on March 8.
Over 100 items, ranging from food hampers to luxury hotel breaks, have been donated to raise money for the unit, which looks after the terminally ill and their families.
Last year the unit raised €31,000 which goes towards the hospice’s €3m running costs.
“It’s amazing thanks to the very kind donations from businesses and the local community over here, we could not do it without them,” said organiser and volunteer, Laura Haggis.
“I’m sort of eating, sleeping and dreaming the telethon at the minute. It’s a very exciting time and so gratifying when you receive all these generous donations.”
Cudeca is the only private hospice on the Costa Del Sol and looks after both Britons and Spaniards with life-threatening, and often terminal, conditions.
A 100% charity lot is also featured in the hope to raise €25,000 to cover the cost of an additional nursing auxiliary in the inpatients unit and to assist with their fourth home care team.
Buyers can bid online for up to two weeks before the event.
For more information or to contribute a prize, contact Ms Haggis via the Cudeca Hospice switchboard, on 952 564 910 or e-mail [email protected].
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]