- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Warning to residents after a series of break-ins
• Mario Blancke
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A RESIDENT’S association has issued a warning to villagers to be on their guard after a spate of burglaries.
There have been five burglaries in the last month in Alcaucin sparking calls for homeowners to step up security.
Mario Blancke, association spokesperson, said: “We have been concerned for some time now as we saw a lot of break-ins towards the end of last year and over Christmas.
“It went quiet for a while but this passed month they have started up again.”
Mr Blancke added: “We are asking everyone living in Alcaucin to keep an eye on their properties and those of neighbours in their absence.”
On two occasions the burglars were frightened off, once by an alarm system and another time by the owners of the property who were inside at the time.
It is hoped that the incidents can be prevented by villagers looking out for each other and installing alarms.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]