A MILITARY policeman – who was shot in a mystery shooting at Europa Point – has been arrested.
GDP (Gibraltar Defence Police) officer Mark Galia, 38, is accused of fraud and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
He had apparently been shot while off duty on January 15, but it now appears it was a set up.
Three men were initially arrested and two guns were recovered in the aftermath of the incident.
Despite being treated in a Cadiz hospital for the bullet wound, it now appears that Galia set the whole shooting up.
Police confirmed that they are not looking for any other persons in connection with the incident.
“The three persons currently on police bail in connection with this inquiry will be released in due course,” explained a spokesman.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36