SPANISH Formula One hero Fernando Alonso has come under fire for allegedly smashing a photographers camera.
Jordi Martin claims the Ferrari driver ‘manhandled’ him after he tried to take a picture of the star and his model girlfriend outside a hotel in Barcelona.
Alonso, who is staying in the city ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix, is then alleged to have smashed Martin’s €6,000 equipment on the ground.
Martin, who has reported the driver to the police, says the assault was witnessed by several fans gathered outside the hotel.
“Let’s see if through this complaint he learns to have more respect for the press,” said the photographer.
“He is an example to millions of children, he knows perfectly well that he was not provoked,” he added.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00