- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Fish stuffed with cannabis confiscated in Marbella
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
POLICE found a lorry load of frozen sardines with an unusual herbal stuffing this week. The consignment of fish was stuffed with 900 kilos of cannabis.
Customs officials tracked the cargo from Morocco to a dockside warehouse in Cadiz and then onto a luxury villa in Marbella.
The operation – codenamed Maria – led to the arrest of 14 suspected traffickers and the confiscation of cannabis worth more than €3.6 million.
“Officers found 325 kilos of hashish hidden inside the frozen sardines in the refrigeration truck,” said a police spokesman. “A further 570 kilos was intercepted in a warehouse of El Puerto de Santa María in Cadiz,” he added.
Police had been monitoring the gang for more than a month after the syndicate leader arrived in Spain from Morocco to plan the shipment.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]