AN expat author with the taste for travel has found success with a new novel based in Spain.
American Art Lester, a former journalist, who moved to Cantilla in the Sierra Nevada, has published The Demon Cat of Calle del Rio, to add to his growing collection of travel books.
“My life took on a different cast when I found the village the book is written about,” Art told the Olive Press.
“It has been more than 20 years since I first (almost literally) stumbled upon it. It’s a tiny place of just 300 people who have inherited over a thousand years of history. It’s a fascinating place.”
The book – which has received glowing five-star reviews on Amazon – details Art and his wife Gilly’s adventures during their year in the mountain village…including accidentally urinating on a neighbour’s sheep.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25