AN illegal medical practice in Cadiz has been shut down by the Guardia Civil.
Operation ‘PHARMAKIS’ saw eight people arrested, including doctors, a pharmacist and the directors.
The group is accused of falsifying documents and defrauding the Andalucian Health Services in a bid to illegally remove thousands of drugs.
Doctors at the inadequate practice allegedly added lists of medications to the social security documents of patients who later failed to turn up for appointments.
Alarm bells rang when three ‘patients’ ordered drugs to be sent to the pharmacy that were worth €20,000, despite the fact they did not live near the centre and that their age and conditions would have made it highly improbable that they could collect the medication.
A sweep of the proprietor’s home uncovered the health cards of 210 people, some of whom are now dead, while the practice had no hand-washing, sterilisation or removal of hazardous waste facilities.
- WATCH: Aircraft and dozens of firefighters called to huge forest fire in Spain’s Andalucia - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44