TOURISTS are being warned of a fresh wave of terror attacks across Spain after an ISIS fanatic called on Muslims to attack busy destinations.
In an article published by ISIS-affiliated media company Al-Wafa, Abu Marya Al-Aseef says fighters should use explosives, machine guns and trucks – similar to the Nice attack – to avenge ‘the crimes committed by Spain against Muslims.’
Nightclubs, planes, cinemas, cafes and bars are listed as suggested targets for jihadi militants.
Al-Aseef also urges people living in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritania, and Libya to kidnap Spaniards and either behead them or exchange them for Muslim prisoners.
He wrote: “As their governments kill our brothers, so should we [seek] revenge and reprisal.”
The article is titled Spain of Fernando, We Vow to seek revenge, and says Spaniards must pay the price for the country’s military involvement in the Middle East.
Spain has not had a terrorist attack since the Al Qaeda’s Madrid train bombings in 2004, which killed 192.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen ‘found in Malaga well’ - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00