A MARBELLA clinic teamed up with charities to perform surgery on 25 Kenyan patients.
A team of six medical staff from Ocean Clinic Marbella went out to Kenya on a five-day reconstructive surgery camp last month as part of its ongoing mission to ‘give back’.
Head surgeon Dr. Kai Kaye said: “I can change lives in Kenya and have much more impact than I can here in Spain, where nobody lacks basic medical services or care. I call it part of our social responsibility.”
They successfully treated 45 patients in addition to the surgeries carried out.
Kaye said one of the highlights was performing knee surgery on a young girl called Maryam, who thanks to the treatment, hopes to learn to walk again.
Previous missions organised included one in Lamu, Kenya last year, and a trip to Peru in 2013.
This year, the trip was made possible through support by Spanish organisations Anidan, which runs a shelter for orphans and abandoned children, and Foundation Pablo Horstman, which operates a hospital and two preschools.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33