A MASK-WEARING prankster’s long-running offensive on his university library ended in ignominy when he was caught in the act.
Dressed as the notorious murderer from the Hollywood Scream movies, the mystery student – complete with plastic scythe – terrorised both students and teachers alike.
He would regularly run amok and cause chaos among the corridors and books of Malaga University’s library.
However, his actions finally came back to haunt him when a recent rampage led to police detaining him for breaching the peace.
Unfortunately for the jester, the joke wore thin when he was forced to reveal his long-hidden identity to the authorities and promised to end his hair-raising antics.
Fellow students explained that his masked assaults had become a regular occurrence since last Halloween.
“He enters and runs around the corridors like a madman waving his scythe,” said a 20-year-old student.
“Yes there are many laughs, but quite a number of people were terrified of him.
“He was also very annoying to those who are tying to get their heads down and study.”
Despite divulging all to the police, the mystery student has still managed to keep his identity under wraps from those at the university.
“Some students say they know who he is, but when it comes down to it I don’t think they actually know – it’s a massive secret,” explained one.
“He apparently promised to police to make that his last prank, in particular, because he doesn´t want to disturb everyone’s revision during the exam period.”
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27