TWENTY of the best chefs in Andalucia are to go head-to-head in a 2000 euro goat recipe challenge.
The finalists of the annual competition will fight it out at the Hotel Escuela Convento Santo Domingo, in Archidona, on October 1.
Each of the chefs, who come from some of Andalucia’s top restaurants, has their own unique recipe to cook suckling goat – chivo lechal – with raisins.
The cooks include Diego Gallegas Olivo, from Casa Piolas in Algarrinejo, Mercedes Mendez, of Kabilas in Benarraba and Mauricio Giovanni, from Messina, in Marbella.
The competition has been held annually since 2004 to promote local ingredients, in particular suckling goat, which is one of the specialities of Malaga cuisine.
The competition was open to anyone who enjoyed cooking and not just professionals.
Judges, looking for both traditional and innovative dishes, have chosen 20 recipes to be prepared by
The prizes of 2000, 1000 and 500 euros will be presented to the creator of the winning dish at a ceremony at the livestock fair in Villanueva de Tapia on October 10.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00