TWENTY of the best chefs in Andalucia are to go head-to-head in a 2000 euro goat recipe challenge.
The finalists of the annual competition will fight it out at the Hotel Escuela Convento Santo Domingo, in Archidona, on October 1.
Each of the chefs, who come from some of Andalucia’s top restaurants, has their own unique recipe to cook suckling goat – chivo lechal – with raisins.
The cooks include Diego Gallegas Olivo, from Casa Piolas in Algarrinejo, Mercedes Mendez, of Kabilas in Benarraba and Mauricio Giovanni, from Messina, in Marbella.
The competition has been held annually since 2004 to promote local ingredients, in particular suckling goat, which is one of the specialities of Malaga cuisine.
The competition was open to anyone who enjoyed cooking and not just professionals.
Judges, looking for both traditional and innovative dishes, have chosen 20 recipes to be prepared by
The prizes of 2000, 1000 and 500 euros will be presented to the creator of the winning dish at a ceremony at the livestock fair in Villanueva de Tapia on October 10.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00