A TRIO of policemen and two lawyers have been arrested in a series of huge drugs crackdowns around Spain.
The group, who all worked for the Guardia Civil, were arrested after 1,400kilos of marijuana was seized in Marbella.
In a separate operation police seized six speed boats, 65 top of the range vehicles and 5.5 million euros in Operation ‘Guadaña in western Spain.
A total of 65 people were arrested for moving cocaine in shipments of apples.
The majority of the arrests were made in Madrid and Galicia although 15 others were arrested in Argentina.
Meanwhile a Briton has been arrested after turning his luxury seaside villa into a huge marijuana plantation.
Police estimate around 170,000 euros was spent on turning the basement of the detached chalet into a high-tech drug laboratory.
When police raided the four-bed Benalmádena villa they found 900 plants up to two metres high.
In a fourth incident in under a week, a Dutch-registered boat carrying 20 kilos of hashish was intercepted off Cadiz.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00