A TRIO of policemen and two lawyers have been arrested in a series of huge drugs crackdowns around Spain.
The group, who all worked for the Guardia Civil, were arrested after 1,400kilos of marijuana was seized in Marbella.
In a separate operation police seized six speed boats, 65 top of the range vehicles and 5.5 million euros in Operation ‘Guadaña in western Spain.
A total of 65 people were arrested for moving cocaine in shipments of apples.
The majority of the arrests were made in Madrid and Galicia although 15 others were arrested in Argentina.
Meanwhile a Briton has been arrested after turning his luxury seaside villa into a huge marijuana plantation.
Police estimate around 170,000 euros was spent on turning the basement of the detached chalet into a high-tech drug laboratory.
When police raided the four-bed Benalmádena villa they found 900 plants up to two metres high.
In a fourth incident in under a week, a Dutch-registered boat carrying 20 kilos of hashish was intercepted off Cadiz.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00