A PAIR of gay penguins are set to become parents.
According to zoo keepers at the Madrid zoo the male love birds, who fell in love six months ago, had a dream of becoming parents which is now set to become a reality
Due to the strength of their relationship Inca and Rayas have been given an egg for adoption.
“At first they were very surprised and very nervous, not knowing what to do, but they soon began to care for it,” explained a zoo keeper.
“They love each other as if they were a male and a female and are courting just the same.”
The soon-to-be dads are now incubating the egg as any female penguin would.
It is expected to hatch in the coming weeks.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46