By Wendy Williams
GENEROUS expats have organised a collection for anyone wishing to pay tribute to Coin student Sergio Retamar Marquez, who was murdered in the UK a fortnight ago.
Shelley Exley, from North Yorkshire, has set up an account with local florist Flores Paola where people can leave their donations towards a wreath.
The student, 23, was allegedly decapitated by his flatmate in a horrifying attack in Bournemouth.
“The expat community desperately wanted to do something for the family of this boy,” explained Exley, who has lived in the town for 30 years.
“The Brits felt very affected that he was murdered in Britain.
“It’s all extremely shocking,” added Exley, who knows the boy’s mother.
“He was the only son. His mum is just in shock.”
Retamar had moved to Britain less than a year ago to learn English and work as a waiter.
His 29-year-old flatmate Karl Addo has since been arrested on suspicion of murder and detained at a secure mental health unit.
Anyone wishing to contribute should leave their donations with Sonia at Flores Paola in Coin quoting ‘Sergio Retamar. Comunidad Britanica’.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16