A BRITISH couple whose car fell 40m down a cliff after swerving to avoid a cat have remarkably walked away uninjured.
Matt Woods, 24, and his 22-year-old girlfriend Chelsea Eastwood were retuning to their home in Benidorm when they spotted a cat in the road causing them to lose control of their Mitsubishi and crash through safety barriers.
The vehicle plunged down the cliff face before landing roof first on a tree, narrowly avoiding a further 300ft fall into the sea.
Onlookers were said to be stunned when the couple climbed out of their wrecked car moments later.
‘I don’t think anybody could believe we survived.’ Eastwood said: ‘It was a very lucky escape.’
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36