MIDWIVES will come together in Andalucia next month to celebrate their skills and passion for home birthing.
Now in its fourth year, Midwives Rock is a weekend course for midwives from across Spain and beyond.
“It is a celebration of the passion that we hold between us to make birth a beautiful gentle experience for women, their families and ourselves,” said organiser Vanessa Brooks, who has been a lay midwife for 16 years.
“Working with birth is challenging, exiting, exhausting , magical and often frustrating – such a myriad of emotions we need to share.”
The course, which takes place on the last weekend in October in Orgiva, will allow midwives to discuss the different aspects of dealing with home births as well as honing their skills.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10