AS a two year old, Granada born Osel Hita Torres was identified as a reincarnated Tibetan Buddhist lama.
Torres, now 27, grew up away from his family in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Southern India.
Torres visited his mother in Ibiza at 18 years old, and decided to stay on the beach rather than return to a life of responsibility in India.
Other monks believed Torres to be the reincarnated Lama Thubten Yeshe because they noticed a ‘self-containment’ as a child that reminded them of Yeshe.
Now living in Ibiza, Torres does not regret his decision but said he still feels the presence of the reincarnated Yeshe in his life, though he is not sure it comes from within him.
- VegTrug receives two awards at Iberflora Show - 2 Nov, 2012 @ 10:00
- Surgeon in Asturias speaks out for homeopathy - 1 Nov, 2012 @ 07:55
- Picasso returns to Spain - 31 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Madrid to open office for missing babies - 30 Oct, 2012 @ 17:35
- Spain’s A-377 in need of repair - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:09
- Marbella inherits former Roca property - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 11:16
- Chef Dani Garcia celebrates Andalucia factory opening with new recipes - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 09:00
- Jagger’s daughter models for tuna - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:30
- Spanish homeowners dealing with fires and floods will have to pay - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:11
- Phones can ruin relationships, research shows - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 09:57