EIGHT years and 200 issues ago the very first Olive Press hit the streets.
That issue exposed the travesty of greedy developers cutting off footpaths as they began carving a golf course and the obligatory 1,000-plus houses on Unesco-protected land near Ronda.
In each issue that has followed, we have fought and campaigned to make Andalucia a greener, safer and all round better place.
Born out of a desire to bring environmental issues into the public eye, the Olive Press has evolved into Spain’s number-one English-language newspaper.
It is the only one prepared to investigate scams, expose evil and fight for justice – as various legal threats have shown.
Those who think they can trample over the elderly, the honest and the vulnerable – expat or otherwise – will continue to find themselves exposed by the Olive Press.
Corruption cases, including Los Merinos and the ERE scandal, are finally out in the open as the voice of dissent grows louder.
Next year is set to be monumental in Spain’s political history, as a new party Podemos threatens to blow apart the corrupt two-party state.
We have been shining a light on the corruption and injustices here for nearly a decade and we are backing any attempt to breathe new life into Spanish politics and clean up the country.
Here’s to the next 200 issues, and a better, cleaner, fairer Spain!
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44