TWO British citizens have been arrested for running over a policeman near Estepona.
The man and woman allegedly failed to stop at a checkpoint near Estepona, and reversed into a policeman who ordered them to pull over.
The pair then reportedly drove off before abandoning the car in Cancelada.
The incident took place near the Centro Comercial Diana off the N340 coast road.
They were tracked down by Guardia Civil and local police after taking a taxi back to their hotel having jettisoned the car, which is thought not to have been insured.
The officer survived the experience but suffered a broken leg and was treated in the Costa del Sol hospital.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25