GIBRALTAR is launching its own humanitarian effort to help the current migrant crisis.
The government has confirmed to the Olive Press that at least one refugee family is to be welcomed to the Rock.
Discussions are currently underway with authorities in London over who to choose, and what Gibraltar would need to provide.
“We want to make sure we get the right family who will settle comfortably into our community,” said a government spokesman.
“It means they will probably have to be English-speakers,” he added.
Read the full story and more in the Gibraltar Olive Press, available on the Rock today in all of the usual places.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44