THERE is a buzz in the air at the Guadalmina office of Winkworth Spain.
With a sharp increase in the number of enquiries over the last few months, the team is set for a busy year.
While the majority of Winkworth’s buyers are UK-based, international demand is also on the up.
“We are experiencing a huge increase in demand from Scandinavian, French, Belgium, Middle Eastern and UAE investors,” executive Christopher Vent told the Olive Press.
While Europeans tend to seek a holiday home, thanks to competitive prices and an unbeatable lifestyle, the Middle Eastern investors are drawn by the weak Euro and keen to acquire European assets safely.
Vent adds that thanks to the new rules allowing pensions to be drawn out earlier, some UK residents are spending extra cash on a Spanish bolthole.
Others are benefitting from the all-time house price high in the UK by remortgaging their UK home to invest here.
Winkworth – the UK’s largest independent estate agency – is receiving huge demand for properties priced between €200,000 to €300,000, and has a list of waiting clients.
With Winkworth’s new international website launched later this month, enquiries from the UK are set to increase even further.
- Read our latest newspapers: Andalucia, Mallorca, Costa Blanca & Gibraltar - 26 May, 2019 @ 09:35
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00