WE know Andalucia’s golf is unparalleled, but now we’ve got the numbers to prove it, because the sport in Spain counted almost 300,000 players are the end of 2015.
Although the figure is almost 8,000 less than a year earlier, Spain’s 277,782 players are a massive 15% more than in 2004.
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Switzerland have seen their players decline over the past decade by between 20 and 30%.
In contrast, along with Spain, Germany, Holland and France and Spain have seen their numbers on the green increase.
Germany has seen the largest rise, with almost 40% more since 2004.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25