AFTER urging the Brits to spend their hard-earned holiday in the north of England after the floods, David Cameron has jetted off to Lanzarote.
The PM arrived on the Canary Islands yesterday, giving him ‘time to think’ after his ‘tough week’.
After widespread criticism for George Osborne’s budget, another European terrorist attack and a Cabinet resignation, the Tory leader has been feeling the strain.
But although he is alone, wife Samantha and the kids will join him tomorrow.
But the peace and quiet did not last long – once ensconced in his five star Lanzarote hotel, the PM was spotted by twitter user Alicia Fisher, 18, who photographed him striding across the restaurant with a plate piled high with paella.
why is David Cameron in my hotel pic.twitter.com/BS6b1vR8S7
— liss (@aliciaafisher) March 24, 2016
Cameron, although paying around €290 pounds per night for his wife and three kids once they arrive, did travel on a budget Ryanair flight to get there.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25