A MISSING parrot who thought he was a night owl has been found propping up the bar at a popular disco.
The night literally flew by for a Hyacinth Macaw, named Soly, after he escaped from his cage in Marbella.
Expat owner Richard Breuer, 40, immediately got onto the Olive Press after discovering he had gone missing from his home in Sierra Blanca.
The property developer was left ‘panic stricken’ after the pet – worth €14,000 – vanished while he was moving to a new apartment nearby.
But despite calling out a search party, putting up posters and calling police, the blue and yellow bird was literally nowhere to be found.
Then out of the blue, later the next day, Olivia Valere, owner of the exclusive nearby nightclub of the same name, phoned to sayl that Soly was propping up the bar.
“We were so relieved,” said Richard. “He was a bit apprehensive after we took him home, it took him a couple of days to come back down to earth.”
Luckily, a barmaid phoned Olivia, who has her own collection of birds, after Soly flew into her lap at the club.
The nightclub owner came and took the partying parrot to her aviary in her Guadalmina Baja home, where Richard later collected him.
“He’s a very friendly parrot who likes the ladies and he’s very approachable, we’re very lucky he was found,” said Richard, “There are many who would have stolen him for the money.”
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23