A MISSING parrot who thought he was a night owl has been found propping up the bar at a popular disco.
The night literally flew by for a Hyacinth Macaw, named Soly, after he escaped from his cage in Marbella.
Expat owner Richard Breuer, 40, immediately got onto the Olive Press after discovering he had gone missing from his home in Sierra Blanca.
The property developer was left ‘panic stricken’ after the pet – worth €14,000 – vanished while he was moving to a new apartment nearby.
But despite calling out a search party, putting up posters and calling police, the blue and yellow bird was literally nowhere to be found.
Then out of the blue, later the next day, Olivia Valere, owner of the exclusive nearby nightclub of the same name, phoned to sayl that Soly was propping up the bar.
“We were so relieved,” said Richard. “He was a bit apprehensive after we took him home, it took him a couple of days to come back down to earth.”
Luckily, a barmaid phoned Olivia, who has her own collection of birds, after Soly flew into her lap at the club.
The nightclub owner came and took the partying parrot to her aviary in her Guadalmina Baja home, where Richard later collected him.
“He’s a very friendly parrot who likes the ladies and he’s very approachable, we’re very lucky he was found,” said Richard, “There are many who would have stolen him for the money.”
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40