FIVE migrants have been taken to hospital after becoming trapped atop a border fence in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta.
They were part of a group of around 150 migrants who were attempting to enter Spain from neighbouring Morocco by climbing over the six-meter-high wire fence.
The video shows dozens of stuck migrants sitting on top of the fences which are covered in barbed wire.
They were eventually brought down by a crane before five were taken to hospital for minor injuries and the rest were returned to Morocco.
The UN Refugee Agency – the UNHCR – are now monitoring the situation ‘with care’, and have reminded Spain of their obligation to provide asylum to those in need of protection.
Ceuta and Melilla are Spanish territories that border North Africa, making them popular entry points for migrants attempting to get to Europe.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20