EUROPE’S anti-corruption body Greco has given Spain a kick up the backside, as it continues to ignore regulations outlined in 2013.
While it is shocking to hear that none of the proposals outlined three years ago have been put into practice it is sadly unsurprising.
That said, this month marks the start of the Gurtel case: the biggest political scandal to rock Spain since General Franco’s days.
It remains to be seen how long it will take to get the case through the court or if any of the 37 defendants will be put behind bars.
But the fact that it has got to trial has to be a step in the right direction.
Then again, former King Juan Carlos has just tried to pay off the country’s top anti-corruption agency to save his daughter’s skin…
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38