A COUSIN of former England captain Steven Gerrard has handed himself into police after featuring on a list of Most Wanted criminals thought to be hiding out in Spain.
Suspected drug dealer Robert Gerrard, 53, handed himself in to police in Manchester after being included on the Operation Captura Most Wanted list.
Gerrard – who was thought to carry out his business in Spain and Holland – handed himself in after ‘feeling the pressure of being on the run’.
He has now been charged with conspiracy to import cocaine in a €60 million drugs plot.
Gerrard is the third most wanted fugitive to be caught in a week.
And just days later, convicted rapist Mohammed Alam was picked up in Tenerife.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36