A TEENAGE expat has her sights set on the X Factor after wowing the Costa del Sol at a talent competition.
Paris Gibson, 16, beat nine competitors to claim first prize in the Spain’s Got Talent event, organised by the Spanish Estate Agents and held at Benarama’s L’Oriental restaurant.
She impressed the organisers so much that they offered her a gig at an upcoming fashion show.
“The support from friends and locals has been amazing,” Paris told the Olive Press. “It’s helped me realise how much I want a career in singing, it’s what I love to do.”
The British College student admitted it took her a while pluck up the courage to share her voice with the world after suffering from crippling stagefright.
She said: “It was terrible, I would just break down and run off stage. But my singing lessons and the support from my mum and friends have really helped me get my confidence back.”
Paris, who attends Nelson’s Music Academy in Fuengirola, has now decided to audition for the next series of the UK’s X Factor.
“It’s really exciting, I’m not seeking fame or fortune, I just want to be able to sing for a living and I think the show is a great platform.”
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33