A FREAK flood left people stranded in a Costa del Sol resort.
Avenida Luis Braille in Estepona turned into a fast flowing river following torrential rain on Thursday.
Shocked onlookers in the O’Donoghue’s pub were unable to leave while filthy water poured down the street outside.
The levels were so high in some places that water almost came over the top of tyres of parked cars.
Kate Gooding, a Beachgrooves radio presenter, who shot the video, took a light-hearted view of the unexpected weather event.
“It got a little bit wet in Estepona today”, she said.
“There was that much water a few whales stopped by for a pint.”
She highlighted the importance of the rain for the region.
“We need this water to fill the reservoirs otherwise we’re screwed for next year.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09