The aim of the works is to semi-pedestrianise the areas between the town and the boulevard, making the latter more accessible.
Planned in Marques del Duero, pavement, street furniture and signage will be renewed, as well as the entire sanitation network, telecommunications infrastructure and natural gas distribution network.
There will also be a new public lighting, irrigation and electricity.
Marques del Duero will also receive a new museum dedicated to the artist Vicente de Espona.
The works have been awarded to company Obras Generales del Norte for €1,090,566, paid for by the Provincial Council.
They will begin in February and are expected to last 10 months.
A further €1,099,297 will be invested into the Avenida de Andalucia and Avenida de la Constitucion, although detailed plans have not yet been released.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49