THE remains of a missing Scottish expat may have been found after she vanished from her home in southern Spain more than a year ago.
Lisa Brown, 33, disappeared from the house she shared with lover Simon Corner in Guadiaro in November 2015.
It was feared she may have been murdered before being dumped into the sea, but Spanish cops never ruled out that she may have been buried on land.
It comes after forensic officers last year revealed that a violent incident had taken place at the property she shared with yacht salesman Corner.
A spokesman for the Civil Guard said: “More than 20 Civil Guard officers along with town hall workers with excavating machines participated in the operation.
“During the new search carried out this morning, objects and remnants have been found that have been sent to our Criminalistic Service for further analysis.”
Lisa’s brother Craig Douglas has been encouraged by the new find.
He said: “They have kept us up to date with as much information as possible.
“There are some things that they can’t tell us and we appreciate that.
“It is encouraging that things are still ongoing and the people who are investigating are being relentless.
“They will not let this go just like we as a family won’t either.
“The ultimate aim is to get answers and make sure the people responsible get their time.
“We are optimistic that will happen.”
A source close to the investigation said ‘the operation will now be suspended while the objects are looked at to see if they have any bearing on this case.’
Boyfriend Corner is currently in jail in Spain awaiting trial.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31