MARIANO RAJOY has slammed Andalucian chief Susana Diaz while claiming the region needs ‘better leaders’.
The Spanish prime minister made the comments during a meeting with Andalucia’s Partido Popular leader Juan Manuel Moreno.
Rajoy said: “Andalucia has all it needs to be at the forefront of Spain and Europe.
“The only thing it needs are better leaders, that work for the common interest and don’t just dedicate themselves to cementing their party in power.”
Moreno, who will be running unchallenged for re-election as the region’s PP leader, later added that Diaz is ‘not compatible’ with her current role.
“While she dithers around, Andalucia is bleeding,” he said.
It is not yet known if Diaz will run to be head of the Junta again in 2019, as she continues to weigh up running for national leader of the PSOE.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40