Property firm Kyero reported a decline in growth in enquiries for Spanish properties for the first time in February – as Brits adopted a ‘wait and see’ policy.
Head of research Richard Spiegel said: “We found the change most pronounced in the over 55 age group, who probably have the most to be concerned about.
“While Brexit is unlikely to impact property rights, mortgage lending or the mechanics of purchasing in Spain, the situation regarding healthcare and pensions needs urgent clarification.
“Nobody has any idea if British pensioners will receive a reciprocal healthcare arrangement in Spain post-Brexit, leaving many in limbo. The Health Select Committee has heard evidence on the issue but we’d like to see more vocal lobbying for early clarity from the government.”
Spiegel added that despite the uncertainty over Britain’s divorce from the EU, the market is likely to remain buoyant.
“European buyers have been extraordinarily active in picking up the slack from nervous Brits – but it seems a shame to watch Germans getting first dibs on the sunbeds, while Brits are waiting on Mrs May for the towels,” he added.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25