A BRITISH expat has blasted the Junta after being forced to wait more than a year for a disabled parking permit for his wife.
James Biryon, 86, applied for the permit for his partner Mary Spalding – who has lived in Andalucia for nearly 40 years – in June last year.
But after ten months of hearing nothing, the Junta rejected their application, forcing them to apply again last month.
“It’s ridiculous and quite frankly a disgrace,” Biryon, originally from London, told the Olive Press.
“I have a thick pile of documents of doctor’s appointments and medical assessments proving my wife needs this permit.
“How can they say fail to get back for 10 months and then just reject us?”
Mary, 84, from Boston, USA, has suffered three strokes, her latest one in January of this year and she finds it difficult to walk long distances.
The pair, together for 16 years, live in Mijas while also having a second home in Fuengirola, where they used to spend weekends to relax.
“The permit is essential,” explains former oil rig constructor Biryon. “Parking here is impossible and is often too far from home for her to walk.
“We can’t go to our Fuengirola home either as we can’t guarantee close enough parking.”
The couple have applied again, but have no idea whether they will be successful.
The Junta were unable to comment.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23