It is the largest ordered deployment by the Interior Ministry since 2011 and the additional officers will work across the country, including in Madrid, Andalucia and the Canary Islands.
The deployment is double the 1,227 officers in the country who watched over holidaymakers last year.
Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido said: “With this, we are confident that all Spaniards and foreigners can enjoy their holidays safely and without having to worry about having a good time and rest.
“We want to offer more and more security to the tourist.”
The AlertCops app has also been introduced, which lets holidaymakers communicate with Spanish security forces in a hundred languages while also allowing them to send photos and video to help them investigate a crime.
Zoido said authorities will also invite police officers from the French, Italian, Dutch and Romanian police to patrol with the Spanish cops.
He said: “We want to continue making Spain an increasingly safe country and a perfect tourist destination.”
Former chief of intelligence Lieutenant-General Francisco José Gan commented that ‘no one is safe’.
He said: “I do not say that Spain is safe, I say it is better prepared because we learned in a very traumatic way.
“No one is safe, but perhaps we make it more difficult for them than others.”
Spain has not had a terrorist attack since the devastating 2004 Madrid bombings.
Authorities have made 700 terror-related arrests since.
The British holiday favourite is touted as one of the safest destinations.
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23