Powerball fever is back, Spain!
The lottery currently offers a $510 million prize, or approximately €435 million. This is the Powerball’s highest jackpot since the mammoth $1.58 billion jackpot that swept the world back in January 2016.
And while many Spaniards are eager to take their chances and play the half-a-billion-dollar Powerball, most cannot afford to travel to the US to get tickets.
That said, Spaniards can still “purchase a Powerball ticket… play the game and… collect prizes,” according to the official Powerball website. And, more importantly, “you do not have to be a [US] citizen or a resident to play the game.”
Lotteries have always been popular in Spain. Participation in both the EuroMillions and the EuroJackpot draws has always been huge. More than that, it is said that over 90% of all Spanish adults take part in the Lotería de Navidad, a raffle draw held annually just before Christmas.
Still, the top prizes in those European lotteries pale in comparison to the jackpot prize now offered in the American Powerball.
So how can Spaniards play the Powerball?
The easy solution is using the services of theLotter, the leading online ticket purchasing company. They use local agents in the US to buy official lotto tickets on behalf of customers from around the world. The website charges you a transaction fee and in return you get a scan of any ticket bought before the draw.
And no, commissions aren’t taken from winning tickets.
The system works, as can be seen in this story about a man from Iraq who won a $6.4 million jackpot in Oregon – all without ever leaving home.
Iraqi wins Oregon Megabucks jackpot without leaving Baghdad
Baghdad resident M.M. had been playing lotteries at theLotter for only a few months when he decided to take a chance at winning the $6.4 million Oregon Megabucks jackpot in August 2015. Shortly after the draw took place, he received a call from a customer service representative at theLotter informing him of his amazing jackpot win.
“I was in shock,” he said.
The Iraqi’s lottery win was such a unique story that it was reported in the New York Times, the Daily Mail, NBC, CNN, and Associated Press. All publications noted that it was perfectly legal for foreigners to win American lottery prizes by purchasing official tickets online at theLotter.
Powerball once again has a massive jackpot
Players are impressed by how easy it is to purchase official lottery tickets online and they have come to trust the purchasing services of theLotter. Over the years, theLotter has paid out over $58 million in prizes to more than three million winners from across the globe. Players can purchase tickets to the world’s biggest lotteries, including the Mega Million, EuroMillions, the Italian SuperEnalotto, the EuroJackpot and more.
With the Powerball jackpot currently at $430 million / €435 million and growing, Spain’s avid lottery players undoubtedly share dreams of lottery riches.
- Italian dynamo – one of the most-established chefs in Pollensa - 15 Jun, 2018 @ 18:10
- Estepona boasts two of the Costa del Golf’s founding courses, and a whole lot more - 4 May, 2018 @ 18:21
- Oh La La La Cala – Joffrey Charles is the true Gallic star of the coast - 8 Apr, 2018 @ 17:12
- Sherry House in Mijas has one of the biggest collection of sherries in the world - 7 Apr, 2018 @ 20:01
- Taste on a high – Mijas is fast developing a vibrant and exciting restaurant scene - 5 Apr, 2018 @ 19:47
- It’s been happy days since Guillermo Morillas opened his agency, Target Estates, in Mijas Pueblo - 4 Apr, 2018 @ 21:22
- Secret of success – the key restaurateurs of Mijas Pueblo - 3 Apr, 2018 @ 19:18
- Two Spanish sides to face English teams in the Champions League - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:56
- The three best casinos in Madrid - 4 Jan, 2018 @ 16:08
- You Could Win $690 Million in American Lottery Prizes This Weekend - 29 Dec, 2017 @ 13:30