The 52-year-old woman, from Hampshire, was dragged from a swimming pool area at a home in Gea y Truyols near La Manga on May 20 last year.
The three hooded men – one of them a minor aged just 17 – then forced their way in to the home she was sharing with her sister and took her from room to room, beating her as they demanded money and jewellery.
They then tied her up and sexually assaulted her.
They only fled the scene when her sister suddenly arrived back at the house.
Shocking details of the robbery have come to light after three men were arrested by the Guardia Civil.
The suspects are two Spaniards and an Ecuadorean.
They face charges of robbery with violence and intimidation and sexual aggression, which under Spanish law covers full rape.
Two of the accused are already in prison for other alleged crimes.
The 17-year-old has been released on provisional liberty after depositing bail money to an investigating judge’s court.
The victim decided to leave the country.
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19
- The International Vote is important in Mijas, where a third of the population are foreign, writes Bill Anderson - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- WATCH: Brazen group of men run from boat carrying ‘suspicious’ packages on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 6 May, 2019 @ 20:17