ANOTHER dog has been killed by poison on the Costa del Sol.
The pet podenco Yellow dropped dead within minutes of allegedly ingesting the toxic substance in the area Peñas Blancas, in Estepona.
In the horrific death, distraught Spanish owner Ada Rubio Perez, 42, told the Olive Press her pet began vomiting violently and convulsing during its daily walk.
The five-year-old canine was rushed to a local vet but was dead within minutes of arriving.
Luckily her second dog, Meca, who was also vomiting, somehow managed to pull through.
“It was horrible, so scary and I am demanding something is done urgently,” she said.
The death comes after 15 dogs died in a similar fashion in Nueva Andalucia and Marbella last month in suspicious circumstances.
While police are still probing the case, rumours have swirled that one of the substances, a weed killer banned by the EU for 20 years, may still be being used by local town halls.
Marbella town hall was forced to deny it used the product, however Estepona town hall this week refused to comment or explain which pesticide they use.
All they would say is that they source their street cleaning to a company called SESPA.
A SESPA spokesperson told the Olive Press meanwhile: “We only use pesticides in the drains to kill cockroaches and rats, we never put them on the street or in the plants and trees.”
They refused to comment on the recent death.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09