A JUDGE investigating how a new mother was cut in half by an elevator has asked police why the computer system operating the lift was erased.
In an official letter to the Policía Científica, the judge asked the force to ‘clarify the reasons for the erasure of the elevator CPU information.’
The CPU is the ‘brain’ of any computer, in this case the one that controls the elevator.
On August 20, new mother Rocio Cortes was being transferred after giving birth to her daughter at the Hospital de Valme de Sevilla.
But as she was half way out of the lift, it quickly closed and attempted to move up, virtually cutting the woman in half and killing her.
But the computer operating system, which would have helped explain why the accident occured, has since been erased.
Although this can happen when there the power supply is disconnected or there is a battery issue, an investigation has revealed neither of these could have caused it.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29