SPAIN’S manufacturing sector has grown at the fastest pace in over 10 years, lifted by strong output and new business.
Markit’s Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) of manufacturing companies stood at 56.1 in November, up from 55.8 in October.
The index has held above the 50 line separating growth from contraction every month since November 2013.
“The Spanish manufacturing sector continued to motor midway through the final quarter of the year, with output growth quickening to a two-and-a-half year high. Central to the success of the sector is firms’ ability to secure new business, often from export markets,” associate director at IHS Markit Andrew Harker said.
The output index rose to 57.7 in November from 56.8 a month earlier, Markit said.
Spain was expected to grow in the fourth quarter at a similar rate as the third.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13