SPAIN’S manufacturing sector has grown at the fastest pace in over 10 years, lifted by strong output and new business.
Markit’s Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) of manufacturing companies stood at 56.1 in November, up from 55.8 in October.
The index has held above the 50 line separating growth from contraction every month since November 2013.
“The Spanish manufacturing sector continued to motor midway through the final quarter of the year, with output growth quickening to a two-and-a-half year high. Central to the success of the sector is firms’ ability to secure new business, often from export markets,” associate director at IHS Markit Andrew Harker said.
The output index rose to 57.7 in November from 56.8 a month earlier, Markit said.
Spain was expected to grow in the fourth quarter at a similar rate as the third.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31