A BRITISH driver who ran over a three-year-old boy at the weekend has tested positive for cocaine.
It comes as the 24-year-old appeared in court yesterday for alleged crimes of homicide by negligence and against road safety.
The French toddler, who Olive Press sources have revealed lived and went to school in Marbella, was struck by the SUV, which was carrying four Brits including the driver, in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The group, who were all on holiday, were thought to be retrieving a baseball cap that had blown out the window when they struck the child with the Hyundai Tucson rental.
Policia Local took performed a breathalyzer test on the scene, where he gave a result of 0.0 milligrams per litre of exhaled air.
The driver did however, test positive for the Class A drug cocaine, but there were no external signs that consumption was recent.
The DrugTest only detects consumptions made between 24 and 48 hours before.
In this case, the young British did not present any other external symptomatology that indicated that the intake was recent, according to the sources consulted, so it will be necessary to determine when it occurred and if it could influence the driving.
The results of the test will be sent to an agreed laboratory to confirm the consumption of cocaine – the DrugTest has a minimum margin of error – and, if so, the date on which it was taken can be established.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13