A BRITISH driver who ran over a three-year-old boy at the weekend has tested positive for cocaine.
It comes as the 24-year-old appeared in court yesterday for alleged crimes of homicide by negligence and against road safety.
The French toddler, who Olive Press sources have revealed lived and went to school in Marbella, was struck by the SUV, which was carrying four Brits including the driver, in San Pedro de Alcantara.
The group, who were all on holiday, were thought to be retrieving a baseball cap that had blown out the window when they struck the child with the Hyundai Tucson rental.
Policia Local took performed a breathalyzer test on the scene, where he gave a result of 0.0 milligrams per litre of exhaled air.
The driver did however, test positive for the Class A drug cocaine, but there were no external signs that consumption was recent.
The DrugTest only detects consumptions made between 24 and 48 hours before.
In this case, the young British did not present any other external symptomatology that indicated that the intake was recent, according to the sources consulted, so it will be necessary to determine when it occurred and if it could influence the driving.
The results of the test will be sent to an agreed laboratory to confirm the consumption of cocaine – the DrugTest has a minimum margin of error – and, if so, the date on which it was taken can be established.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22