THE one-punch killer who murdered an Argentinian expat has been identified.
The 45-year-old British tourist – who has already returned to the UK – has been revealed by Policia Nacional, although his name has been kept underwraps.
The holidaymaker punched 65-year-old Mario Sauco in the back of the head in Fuengirola almost two weeks ago, causing him to fall and hit his head on the ground.
He was in a coma for 10 days before dying.
A witness photographed the aggressor on the scene with his mobile phone, an image that the family circulated through social networks to try to identify him.
Investigators went to every store, every beach bar, restaurant and hotel in the area in search of information about the attacker.
After several days, the agents managed to put together the suspect’s name and surname.
They have now requested an international arrest warrant.
A witness told Diario Sur that the Brit stayed near the body after punching him and seeing that he was not moving.
He said: “He was crying and said: ‘I think I have killed a man'”.
According to the Brit, Mario had ‘touched up’ a 16-year-old girl – the witness understood that it was his daughter – in a bar.
After hearing his version of events, another witness told him to ‘run, run!’ before the police arrived.
Researchers have managed to locate that bar and interview everyone who was present.
Another version of the events, according to other witnesses, was that Mario, who had been drinking that night, ran his hand over the shoulder of a teenager, a niece of the owner of the bar, who asked him to leave, while the Briton, who apparently is a friend of the owner’s brother, went after him and hit him.
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00