BRITISH police have issued an urgent appeal to find a wanted man who they believe has fled to the Costa del Sol.
Luke Daniel Clarke, 22, was due to appear at Warwick Crown Court on November 22 to be sentenced after pleading guilty to conspiracy to supply Class B drugs.
Officers fear the Brit, from Nuneaton in Warwickshire, has now fled to Marbella or Malaga.
Clarke was arrested and charged in November 2015, after officers stopped the car he was travelling in and found £15,000 in cash and £40,000 worth of cannabis.
It comes after a Clarke and his gang knocked down a police officer as they tried to evade arrest on a dual carriageway in Coventry.
They were were travelling in a VW Golf and a Ford Transit, when officers tried to stop them as part of an intelligence-led operation, reported Coventry Live.
The car was brought to a halt but the van sped off, knocking down the officer.
Clarke has previously pleaded guilty to possession of crack cocaine and cannabis with intent to supply in connection with a different incident in May 2016.
Warwickshire police are collaborating with Spanish police to find the Brit.
Detective Sergeant Richard Brown said: “We believe Clarke has fled to Malaga or Marbella and we are working with the Spanish authorities to try and locate him and ensure he is returned to the UK so he can be sentenced.
“We’re appealing for anyone who has family or friends who live in or are visiting Malaga or Marbella to share our appeal on social media in the hope that they can help us locate him.”
Anyone with information that could help police locate Clarke, contact [email protected] or call Warwickshire Police on 00441926410000.
Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03