A WOMAN in Malaga has cheated death after her curtain stopped a bullet in a New Year’s Day gun battle.
Paquita, a 79-year-old widow, was watching the musical Grease when a bullet shot through the window of her sixth floor flat on Olletas Street on January 1.
Police informed the elderly La Palmilla resident that she was sitting in the direct path the bullet would have taken after she made the emergency call at 5:15pm along with other neighbours.
Cops believe two shootings took place in 24 hours, with events thought to have begun in Eume Street before moving to the Plaza de los Verdiales near Paquita’s house.
Over 50 bullet casings from different weapons were found in northern Malaga, with a sub-machine gun suspected to have been used.
Before Paquita’s house was hit by the bullet, which travelled 1km, police were responding to another gun fight at around 2:00am.
Paquita also said: “I told my neighbour that it was a shot, and she replied: ‘Paquita, you have seen too many movies’.”
After around six officers initially responded to the incident, investigations led authorities to also discover a hidden cannabis plant at a neighbouring address.
No one is believed to have been injured in the firefights.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40