A ‘FAKE lawyer’ on the Costa del Sol has been arrested after she is thought to have stolen up to €80,000 from clients.
The allegedly fraudulent legal practitioner in Fuengirola charged a whopping €2000 a minute and even defended clients in court, before being nabbed at the weekend.
The lawsuits she was involved in were doomed to fail due to her lack of legal expertise, and her clients subsequently saw huge losses.
“When you go to court nobody asks for your credentials,” veteran Marbella lawyer Antonio Flores told the Olive Press.
“So if for example you are a lawyer from Pamplona and need to attend a hearing in Huelva as counsel, you go straight in and that is it. No questions asked.”
Flores, who is a well-known legal expert throughout Spain and the UK, explained that the ‘fake lawyer’ arrested could simply have waltzed in unannounced.
“Having said that,” he added. “These scams are hard to get away with as eventually, someone will notice you have no clue.”
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57