A ‘FAKE lawyer’ on the Costa del Sol has been arrested after she is thought to have stolen up to €80,000 from clients.
The allegedly fraudulent legal practitioner in Fuengirola charged a whopping €2000 a minute and even defended clients in court, before being nabbed at the weekend.
The lawsuits she was involved in were doomed to fail due to her lack of legal expertise, and her clients subsequently saw huge losses.
“When you go to court nobody asks for your credentials,” veteran Marbella lawyer Antonio Flores told the Olive Press.
“So if for example you are a lawyer from Pamplona and need to attend a hearing in Huelva as counsel, you go straight in and that is it. No questions asked.”
Flores, who is a well-known legal expert throughout Spain and the UK, explained that the ‘fake lawyer’ arrested could simply have waltzed in unannounced.
“Having said that,” he added. “These scams are hard to get away with as eventually, someone will notice you have no clue.”
- Whether we like it or not, tourism to Spain boosts the economy and sways the property market, writes Amanda Butler - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 13:33
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00